AWE Tuning Touring Edition Exhaust - 2017+ Honda Civic Type R
At the intersection of sophistication and aggression lies the Touring Edition Exhaust. A full 3” T304L stainless steel downpipe-back configuration, the Touring Edition Exhaust is the perfect dose of steel for drivers looking for straight-pipe performance, a deep, sophisticated exhaust note, and zero drone at highway speeds.
Featuring an integrated front pipe, bespoke midpipe resonator, and AWE’s patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, the Touring Edition delivers a full-bodied, rasp-free K20 soundtrack unachieved by any of its peers. Under boost and heavy throttle, the Touring Edition screams. At highway speeds, drone-free within the cabin -- the best of both worlds. Perfectly engineered and packaged for the FK8 Civic Type R, all backed by AWE No CEL and Perfect Fitment Guarantees.
As exhaust gases exit the K20 engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE 180 Technology® in the tab above.
The Touring and Track Edition Exhausts feature a modular tip design that allows drivers the choice of running double or triple 4.5” slash-cut tips via our bespoke stamped tip merges. With such interchangeability, a dual tip configuration can be converted into a tri-tip configuration (and vice-versa) within minutes via an AWE Tip Conversion Kit.
- Integrated front pipe
- Proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured at AWE in the USA
- Touring Editions feature patented drone-canceling 180 Technology®, tuned specifically for the K20
- Handcrafted from 3” CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Bespoke stamped stainless steel trident tip merge
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
- Triple 4.5" double-walled slash-cut tips available in diamond black or chrome silver
- Perfect fitment guaranteed
- AWE No CEL guarantee
Please Note: AWE exhausts are not designed to mate with other aftermarket front pipes. Downpipes, on the other hand, should work fine as long as they work with the factory style flange.