Fortune Auto 500 Series Gen 7 Coilover | 2015-2020 Subaru STI
Fortune Auto engineers were tasked with a focused goal to make the Subaru STI Generation 7 - 500 Series dampers the best single adjustable system on the market at a very affordable price point. The Subaru STI Gen 7 500 Series are built at Fortune Auto's Richmond, Virginia US headquarters. Fortune Auto insists on building bespoke suspension in order to offer the best quality control in the industry. At Fortune Auto, they approach the science of suspension with a mentality of customization that has raised the industry's standards of performance.
All Fortune Auto shock absorbers use digressive piston technology which allows for stiff low-speed compression/rebound force. This gives more control of driver inputs such as roll, dive, and squat. However, at fast stroke speeds (i.e. high speed bumps) the suspension becomes supple in response to bumps and irregularities in the road.
- Top Mounts Front: Pillowball Camber Plate
- Top Mounts Rear: Aluminum
- Spring Rate Front: 8K
- Spring Rate Rear: 8K
- Custom Spring Rate: Available
- All shocks custom built to order
- Monotube damper with high pressure nitrogen
- 24-step adjustable dampers
- Height adjustment independent of preload
- Digressive piston technology
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty
- 4-WEEK BUILD TIME IS NORMAL
Research on the racetrack has helped us develop the Fortune Auto 500 Series into a great all-around shock absorber. Using high quality components that meet our strict standards allows us to optimize comfort, reliability, and longevity.
Occasional Track Use
Digressive piston technology allows for stiff low-speed compression/rebound force. This gives more control of driver inputs such as roll, dive, and squat. However, at fast stroke speeds (i.e. high speed bumps) the suspension becomes supple in response to bumps and irregularities in the road for maximum control.
Generation 7 models benefit from an upgraded jetting assembly. In previous generations, the orifice bleed holes were hand drilled. Generation 7 bleed holes are now CNC machined allowing for more consistent damping adjustments between shocks. Furthermore, flow of the orifice bleed holes has increased and a re-designed jetting assembly is used, this yields a 35% increase in damping force adjustment providing the user with a shock that has more performance and adjustability.
New CNC machined adjustment knobs replace the outgoing cast molded knobs. These new machined adjustment knobs are hard anodized and more aesthetically pleasing. Updated shaft end caps are now lighter and showcase a more elegant design.
More upgrade options
Fortune Auto has developed 2 new al la carte options that make Generation 7 systems even more customizable.
1. 7075-T6 Hard anodized aluminum damper bodies now available on motorsports series double wishbone applications. Provides for superior heat dissipation and extreme weight savings of up to 2 lbs per shock.
2. All new LSP (locking spring perch) no longer requires a locking ring to lock the spring perch in place. This allows more height adjustment on some McPherson applications and is less likely to come loose benefitting motorsports applications that run larger and more aggressive tire compounds.